Feudal Barone di Montagna di Marzo, 1522.
Last update: 04-06-2020.
Note: Royal Decree by the King of Italy governing succession to Titles of Nobilityand Nobiliary ranks – Decree no 1489 of 16 August 1926.
Granted to: Nobile Matteo Trigona dei Signori di Mistretta in Sicily through his wife, Elisabetta d’Aidone dei Baroni di Montagna di Marzo.
Title: Barone di Montagna di Marzo
By: Charles I, King of Sicily and Spain, V of the Holy Roman Empire.
On: 1522 at Palermo, Sicily.
Presented to the British Royal Commission on Nobility: No.
With Remainder to: to his legitimate and natural descendants simultaneously “jure longobardum” in perpetuity, 1926, Kingdom of Italy rule of succession changed to only male descendants of the family only.
List of Title holders:
1. Nobile Matteo Trigona, 1st Barone, (d. 1567), 1st Barone, succeeded by his son.
2. Nobile Girolamo Trigona, 2nd Barone, (d. 1582), 2nd Barone, succeeded by his son.
3. Nobile Andrea Trigona, 3rd Barone, (1627), 3rd Barone, succeeded by his son.
4. Nobile Vito Trigona, 3rd Barone, (d. 1666), 4th Barone, succeeded by his daughter.
5. Nobile Apollonia Trigona Benenati, 5th Baroness, (d. 1670), succeeded by her daughter.
6. Nobile Caterina Benenati Carrera, 6th Baroness, (d. 1705), succeedeed by her sister.
7. Nobile Girolama Benenati Trigona, 7th Baroness, (d. 1745), succeeded by her son.
8. Nobile Francesco Trigona, Barone di Vallegrande e Budunetto, 8th Barone, (d. 1794), succeeded by his son-in-law.
9. Nobile Antonio Sceberras Testaferrata, 13th Barone di Castel Cicciano, 9th Barone, (d. 1843), succeeded by his son.
10. Nobile Sir Pasquale Sceberras Trigona, KCMG, (d. 1869), 14th Barone di Castel Cicciano, 10th Barone, succeeded by his son.
11. Nobile Alexander Sceberras d’Amico Inguanez, (d. 1889), 15th Barone di Castel Cicciano, 11th Barone, succeeded by his eldest daughter.
12. Nobile Maria Francesca Sceberras d’Amico Inguanez, (d. 1947), 16th Baroness di Castek Cicciano, 20th Baroness di Djar il-Bniet e Buqana, 12th Baroness, succeeded by her nephew.
13. Nobile Alexander Chesney, (d. 1960), 17th Barone di Castel Cicciano, 21st Barone di Djar il-Bniet e Buqana, 13th Barone, succeeded by his distant cousin.
14. Nobile Edwin William Sceberras Trigona, (d. 1973), 14th Barone, succeeded by his brother.
15. Nobile Ronald Frederick Sceberras Trigona, (d. 2007), 15th Barone, succeeded by his cousin.
16. Nobile Dr Alexander Sceberras Trigona LLD, (1950-, 16th Barone.
Heir: A descendant of Nobile Conrad Sceberras 1925-, of New York City, USA.
Articles relating to this title: