Released Slavery who married at Mdina, Malta during 1560 to 1764.
With all released slaves, the surname of adoption is always used with "de" to show difference. Though their offspring's don't carry "de" after their surname. I am very interested in any connection found to these listed here. Most likely these released slaves were of Northern African descent especially from the late 17th century.
(To make corrections/ updates click)
* Antonia de Calava, Manumessa di Calava, married 1560 Mdina to Giorgio Arabi.
* Apollonia di Catania, Manumessa di Gregorio and Antonia Catania, married 1561 Mdina to Cristoforo Negro of Borgo
* Martino Negro Tibero, married 1608 Mdina to .Caterina Negra Tibera.
* Lorenza de Xerri, Manumessa della Baronessa Imperia Xerri, married 1626 Mdina to Matteo Cuzkeri.
* Marietta de Caxaro, Manumessa della Dr Carlo Caxaro JUD, married 1628 Mdina to Giovanni Ciantar.
* Giuseppe di Caravita, Manumesso della Fra. Giovanni Caravita, married 1672 Mdina to Gioalla Attard of Gozo.
* Matteo de Fiteni, Manumesso della Generosa Fiteni, wife of Barone Cesare Passalacqua, married 1674 Mdina to Teresa Pace.
* Giuseppe de Vassallo, Manumesso of Zebbug, married 1699 Mdina to Grazia Falzon.
* Angelo de Busuttil, Manumesso of Zeitun, married 1699 Mdina to Maria Farrugia.
* Anna Maria de Allegritto, Manumessa of Rabat Malta, married 1699 Mdina to Pascale Xicluna.
* Giovanni de Ciantar, Manumesso of Caterina Ciantar, wife of Baldassare Ciantar of Valletta, married 1697 to Anna Maria Bonanno.
* Francesco de Famuncelli, Manumesso of Valletta, married 1694 Mdina to Anna Caruana.
* Filippa de Baldacchino, Manumessa of Rabat Malta, married 1731 Mdina to Francesco Fenech.
* Pietro Maria Gongela, Manumesso of Valletta, married 1728 Mdina to Vittoria Mifsud.
* Giuseppe di Zarb, Manumesso of Giovanni Zarb of Zurrico, married 1706 Mdina to Anna Zerafa.
* Antonio di Mamo, Manumesso of Valletta, married 1703 Mdina to Maria Scerri.
* Maria Felicitia de Piscopo, gia Schiava del Can Dr Girolamo Piscopo JUD, married 1707 Mdina to Gio Maria Mifsud.
* Paola Farrugia, Manumessa della Notabile, married 1764 Mdina to Gaspare von Hoch of Francona Germany.